The first non-mp3 DT release from Scarred Records. This is a very unique bootleg as it features the versatile Jordan Rudess on keys for tracks 1-6. This was the only time that Jordan filled in for keys after Kevin Moore left and Jordan’s performance is completely amazing. It sounds like he was part of Dream Theater since the beginning, he makes no mistakes, and his fills rival the great Kevin Moore. I can see why he was offered the job of keyboardist after Kev left. The most amazing thing about his performance is that he only had 1 week to prepare for this show and he still destroys all of the Derek shows. Compare this show with any one of the Derek performances and you will hear why Jordan belongs in DT. This disc also contains the very last performance of Nightmare Cinema (Track 18). The sound quality is outstanding, Ryan is the master of remastering.
In my opinion this is the very best amateur bootleg liner ever made. The cover is colorful and brilliantly designed. The liner contains photographs of the Rudess concert which is really cool. The disc has the track listing printed right on it which is a huge plus.
- Pull Me Under (8:36)
- Caught in a Web (5:11)
- Lie (single edit) (5:21)
- Lifting Shadows Off a Dream (6:09)
- Voices (9:48)
- Take The Time (11:59)
- Burning My Soul (5:32)
- Over My Head (0:36) – King’s X w/ MP on vox.
- Moby Dick (0:29) – Led Zeppelin.
- The Trooper (0:44) – Iron Maiden w/ MP on vox.
- YYZ (0:40) – Rush.
- War Pigs (2:15) – Black Sabbath.
- Hot for Teacher (0:33) – Van Halen.
- Smoke on the Water (1:37) – Deep Purple.
- Mean Streets (3:07) – Van Halen w/ DS on vox.
- Caught in a Web (1:40) – MP on vox initially.
- Walk This Way (0:04) – Aerosmith.
- Perfect Strangers (7:07)